Barbara,

I cannot comment on FTM v Legacy, as apart from creating odd reports I have not
used the former.

1) Yes, Legacy only stores the path and not the picture, hence on export only
the path is sent. Strictly speaking the pictues are, therefore no longer linked
to Legacy on the host PC. There are three ways for the recipient to deal with
this:

a) If the pictures are stored in, say, C:\Legacy\Pictures then if that folder
is sent and installed by the recipient in the same place on their PC it will
work fine without any further action needed.

b) Often, mine included, they are stored in a folder (say LegPics) in My
Documents. My preferred method of exporting these is to use Pando. The
recipient then links his pictures to these by selecting a "picture-site" in
Legacy and when the pop-up comes up saying "picture not found" use the "Select
by oneself" option and click on the picture. All other pictures in that folder
will be linked. If the pictures are split into separate folders it will need to
be done for each folder.

c) If stored as in (b) use the back-up Muluimedia Option and then export/send
this file
and find as in (b)

2) Web Pages: Legacy copies the pictures you have selected into a new folder
together with the html files. This folder then has to be be uploaded onto the
Server on which the files are loaded.

For Genealogy, Software and Social visit:
http://www.fergys.co.uk
*Over 650 Surnames from 11 Countries*
View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/