Until it is fixed, you should be able to correct the Gedcom by looking for the 2 CONT's and changing the number to the correct number. A Gedcom is just a plain text file in a particular format so can be opened in any text editor, like Notepad.

Cheers,
Cathy

At 01:51 AM 19/11/2007, you wrote:

If it is not just me then it should be reported as a bug.

Gary

----- Original Message ----- From: "Leon Chapman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
Sent: Sunday, November 18, 2007 8:21 AM
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Errors in GEDCOM export.

I have also noticed a similar thing with the notes.
I believe that Legacy may have a problem here.
Chap

On Nov 17, 2007 10:29 PM, Gary Templeman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I am testing an export to send to a cousin. My Legacy file was originally
created from a PAF 5 file and went INTO Legacy just fine. After cleaning up
some sources and some minor editing, I exported a GEDCOM, selecting the PAF
5 format option. When I import that GED into PAF, there are thousands of
errors related to the notes. An example message is " ERROR 5: test.GED, line
1567: RIN 62: Level number '2' for CONT is not the same as the preceding
line". Examination shows that it occurs whenever there is a note where the
text has a carriage return to create a new paragraph. Everything after that
return gets dropped so the notes in PAF end up incomplete. Some are for RINs
and some for MRINs which also have notes.

Since the original data came from PAF one would think it should go back into
PAF with no errors.

There is also a second group of errors that reads as follows

ERROR 10: Individual 'I33' referenced undefined note 'NO'.
ERROR 11: Individual 'I40' referenced undefined note 'NO'.

and so on.

I DO want to include the notes when I send the gedcom. He happens to be
using Reunion on a Mac, so I was using PAF as my test vehicle thinking it
should be the most generic option, AND as I said, the original data came
from PAF. Any fixes out there to get him a "clean" GEDCOM? I am using the
latest Legacy build.

Gary Templeman