Save first as recommended.  When the first merge
choice comes up, there are a few choices of what to.
Are they definitely the same person, do this. I like
to put the lower RIN on the left. Go to General. Use
Click right or left option. If each version has
different events; A has 1900 census and B has 1896 Tax
List. go to the * tab, which shows both groups.
Copy Right All to Left. When everything is moved over,
choose Merge Right into left.
If not the same person, Choose Skip to Next.
If unsure, Choose Skip to Next, and come back for
further research later. It will remember the list
until told to forget the rest.
Good luck. Rich in LA CA