I always back up repeatedly when I am entering data over a long stretch of time. I learned that the hard way years ago when I had a computer crash. I had the data backed up on a disk (about a week old) which wasn't too bad EXCEPT THE DISK WAS CORRUPT! I was lucky enough to find another back up disk but it was SIX MONTHS OLD! I lost 6 months of data. I guarantee you that will never happen again. I back up to the hard drive, flash dive and to a CD.

I love a good debate!  However, I don't like when people are mean.

michele

----- Original Message ----- From: "ronald ferguson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <legacyusergroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2007 8:31 AM
Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] The problem is fixed

Michele,

5 hours is a long time without a back-up and I can appreciate your concern, I back up every hour or so. In case you haven't yet found it, you can customise the tool bar by right clicking on it, you can then drag the "Back-up" icon onto the top bar and it will then appear on the tool bar.

BTW - it's good fun to debate stuff and there is always the chance we may learn something!

Ron Ferguson

Give Legacy as a Gift for 25% Off. Visit http://tinyurl.com/2b49et