Barbara,
It is unclear what you are trying to do.

An "Ancestor" report is looking "backward", e.g. from you to your  parents to
your g-parents, etc.
A "Descendent" report is looking "forward", e.g. from parents to children  to
g-children, etc.
I do not know any way to both simultaneously.

It sounds like you want your direct-line ancestors backward, and all of  your
parents' children and g-children, but no other aunts, uncles, cousins,  etc.

One possibility: Use a "Multiple Lines of Descent" report (starting as far
back as you desire), produce it to an RTF file, then "prune and edit" to
eliminate those who you don't want included.

Mike

Michael J Method

Family research  of: Method, Feehily, Fredrick, Herzog, tenEyck, Belsley

In a message dated 12/10/2007 8:15:06 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,