Legacy doesn't really care how you enter your data.
The normal approach (in USA) is to make sure you have 4 fields:
1. City
2. County
3. State
4. Country

If you followed this rule, your location would be:
, of Perry Co, MS, USA

The only issue you now have is when you search or look at your
location list, all of the "of county" will sort under the Os.  So
finding Perry County could be an issue.

You may be better off documenting the "Of Perry County" in the Notes
field, then all of your locations will be easier to work with.

Chap

On Dec 11, 2007 11:32 AM, Michele Lewis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I need to enter the location "of" a certain place because I don't know where
> she was born, just that she lived in a certain place.  In the previous
> program I used it was entered as
>
> of Perry Co, MS (long or short form, take your pick)
>
> If I add the word "of" to the location line, will that mess up the location
> as far as searching etc or does Legacy know to ignore that word?
>
> michele
>

> Give Legacy as a Gift for 25% Off. Visit http://tinyurl.com/2b49et
>
> Legacy User Group guidelines:
>   http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Etiquette.asp