You might also search the archives for the word "preposition". We've had quite a discussion on this in the past. I learned a lot from different people's experiences.

Dawn

Jenny M Benson wrote:

Michele Lewis wrote

I need to enter the location "of" a certain place because I don't know where she was born, just that she lived in a certain place. In the previous program I used it was entered as

of Perry Co, MS (long or short form, take your pick)

If I add the word "of" to the location line, will that mess up the location as far as searching etc or does Legacy know to ignore that word?

I would never use "of location" because to me it is meaningless. Why put "of location" as birthplace if I don't know he was born there? If I know he lived in "location" then I don't need the word "of."

In your situation I would create an Event (Residence or something similar) and put the location there, with approximate dates if I knew them or no date if I didn't.

Give Legacy as a Gift for 25% Off. Visit http://tinyurl.com/2b49et