-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jim
Smith
Sent: Friday, 4 January 2008 3:25 PM
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] CUSTODIAN - Clooz vs. Heritage Collector vs. ...
? Which, if any, to use with Legacy?

Greetings...

I use both Legacy and Master Genealogist, and have used Clooz since its
inception.  Most recently I got a copy of Custodian 3, which I am yet to
tackle.  I am a stickler for software and do like using what I consider
the best that's out there, best for me, that is.  Each software package
has its pros and cons, as well as its own idiosyncrasies.

This may all seem redundant, but I like the differences that I can
achieve using the different vehicles.  I like the facility of Clooz to
create the variety of document management reporting.  I like the ability
to enter the name of an ancestor and be able to produce a condensed
reporting of what documents and sources I have on file.

As I am now the family librarian and historian one of my goals is to be
able to present our family history information in a multiple varieties
of ways that could suit the individual needs of family members who are
interested.  My current family is globally spread.  Having the available
variety of reporting formats and the ability to store and present data
in various ways seems to satisfy family members and seems to incite them
to become more supportive and involved in the overall project.

Jim