Anne,

As I have looked through the last couple of days of emails I have been
pondering over this problem. Wendy has made some suggestions but I wonder if
there is another possibility.

Legacy's default is to use a Christening field rather than Baptism so have you
by any chance created a Baptism Event to record them in this way, or did you
use Customise>Data Format to change it. If the former is it possible that you
have some recorded under "Christened"?

For Genealogy, Software and Social visit:
http://www.fergys.co.uk
Blog: Create Your Web Pages
View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
For The Fergusons of N.W. England See:

> Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 18:16:58 +1300
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
> Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Haphazard sourcing in reports
>
> Hi Anne,
>
> "I am having some problems with sourcing in reports. I have noticed that
> the source for name, birth, baptism, with baptisms in particular often
> does not appear in reports, (individual, family or descendant). It seems
> to be haphazard in that on other families there is no problem at all.
> Sometimes it is everyone in the report while in others, it only happens
> to some individuals. After noting this I went through the routine of
> backing up, routine maintenance, and then updated with the most recent
> copy of Legacy. I have been using Legacy since version 4, so am not new
> to the program. Would anyone have any ideas?"
>
> I haven't seen any replies to this (I don't think - there aren't any in
> the archives yet, at least).
>
> I wonder if this is a consistent problem? That is, the same sources are
> not appearing in reports, or does it change?
>
> If it's a consistent problem, perhaps those particular sources have the
> "Add this Detail to the Source Citation on Reports", or the "Include
> this Citation on Reports" check box unticked. You will need to open up
> an individual Source Detail (one which isn't appearing on your reports)
> to check those two boxes.
>
> There is also a check box in the Master Source List, that will turn off
> or on an entire Master Source. Check that one, too.
>
> If these don't solve your problem, please let us know so that others can
> make suggestions. :-)
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Kind Regards,
> Wendy Howard