To: <legacyusergroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
Sent: Wednesday, 23 January, 2008 1:33 PM
Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] Legacy Gedcom preparation ? ?

Since I last replied, Mark Lang kindly sent me the article from Rootsweb.

It seems to me that no changes to Legacy are necessary, although I do have a couple of points. Firstly, the picture must already be on a web server for Rootsweb to access it and the full URL (ie. commencing "http://"; ) placed in any of the Notes in Legacy. So WorldConnect visits that site, picks up the picture and places it in your Notes.

Secondly the article states that the URL should be enclosed in the html tags "<" and ">". For use in placing an URL in its own web pages Legacy uses "«" and "»" ie. Alt+174 and Alt+175 but these brackets and their contents are ignored in exporting to Gedom 5.5. If one compiles Legacy web pages and also WorldConnect it would mean having both URLs in the Notes which would not look particularly good on the Legacy web pages, or changing the brackets depending on how it is to be used - UGH! if there are a lot.