Dawn and Connie, thank you for your interest and replies to my RIN sort problem. As you can see from the following reply to Jim Terry/support, I evenually resolved the issue. I'm not sure it was the right way but it did work. Connie, you may want to see if it will resolve your sort problem in the Index view.

Once again, thanks to all.   Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Ken, in a snowy and cold Ottawa, Canada

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ken" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 12:54 PM
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Altered RINs don't sort

Hello Jim,

Thanks for the quick reply.

That's right it was not happening when I clicked on the RIN button. When in the Index view screen I clicked on the RIN button and all individuals sorted from surname sequence to RIN except for the six individuals for whom the RINs I had changed. Even though the numbers had changed they were still sloted in the spot of their old number. However, I was just writing the list as I received your message to say I think I found the solution.

While in the Index view screen I clicked on the Options button (top right) and selected Change Sort / Search to User ID and that slotted the changed RINs into the proper place. I also noted that if I select the same Change Sort option again it slots the half dozen changed RINs back to their original placement (out of order sequence) once again, without affecting the sequence of the unaltered RINs. I then selected the Change Sort option for a third time and the altered RINs moved back into their appropriate sequence so all appears to now be okay.

Thanks again.
Ken

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Terry/Support" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>