I will be glad to try these things (tomorrow). I've just been playing
around with it more. It's very strange. I picked my "longest"
line--it's about 15 generations. I did a descendant book report,
starting with the farthest one back. It created an 86-page report.
Guess what was included: all my brother's marriages AND all the notes
as well.

I re-created my problem from earlier. Choosing my great-great
grandfather again, and doing descendant book report, if I say ALL
generations, or 5 generations, or apparently anything over 5,
everything is there (all marriages, all notes). If I say 4
generations, it gives me the notes, but no 4th marriage for my
brother. (Again, I'm not changing any options except number of
generations.)
There seems to be some kind of problem right around the area of 3 or 4
generations.