There is no 'occupation' event, but there is an 'employment' event; however,  I
clicked on the 'event' block- which brought up 'individual information' then
clicked on the 'Event/edit' block which brought up the ''edit event for ...'.
Clicking on the 'event' brings up the 'master event definition.  It reveals
that no 'occupation' selection is evident; however; 'employment' is available.
I clicked  on 'employment' and blanked out or removed everything noted on the
'add/edit an event definition' plus 'unclicking' all boxes.  Unfortunately,
when I returned to making the book, the phrase 'He was employed' remains.

--- Susan Daily <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

=============
Bob,
Go to this person's individual record. Does he have an employment
event? If so, click on the event. You should see a print of how the
sentence will read below the notes box. Does it read: "He was
employed" followed by your notes? If so, this is because you did not
put anything in the description, date, or location boxes. But by
selecting the occupation event, it will simply read "He was employed."
To change this, go to Sentence override tab, and enter [Notes][source]
(I think that is the correct code of source). Now look at what it says
below the Notes box. Is "He was employed" gone?

This all presumes it has nothing to do with General Notes, but is an
event sentence problem.

Susan

> In preparing a book, one of my entries has a line in the 'General Notes:'
> feature that states ' He was employed', and then goes on with the notes I had
> for an event.  Ho do I get this out of the general notes.  I have looked at
> all the features, but can not find a solution or  why it appears.
> --
> Bob

Bob