Gary,

What you say is perfectly true which is one of the reasons I do not use
commercial company's references for documents (except for the Family Search IGI
which Legcay automatically includes in the description when downloading
details).

However, I suggest that this is not the point. I agree that the full references
for a piece of paper held by eg. The National Archives is that given by them;
but does the reference matter at all. No matter what changes commercial
companies may make to their indexes the question is surely "in the future will
we be able to search for a document using eg. date, place, name, birth date and
place of birth?"

If the answer to this question is "yes" then what reason do we have for putting
the full references into our Sources?

For Genealogy, Software and Social visit:
http://www.fergys.co.uk
New Blog: Open Legacy Family File with Open Office
View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
For The Fergusons of N.W. England See:

Share what Santa brought you