Depends how computer-illiterate your family is. Mine is pretty bad. In regards to the photos: If your recipient can follow this, they can put the folder of photos on their own hard-drive and then re-link them using "View Current List of Multimedia Locations" under Options/Customize/Locations. The path to the folder of pictures might look something like this:

C:\Documents and Settings\JLB\My Documents\ANCESTORS\Pictures

where JLB is my computer name. If they change that to their own file-path, all the pictures should link up again automatically. All they have to do is put the pictures somewhere and then find the path to it. If you give them 1-2-3 instructions they should be able to do it. I laugh. I think the rest of the database can be put onto a CD. Perhaps simplest would be to burn a copy of your entire Legacy folder which you'll find under C-drive, and have them overwrite their free version of Legacy with that folder. I wonder though if that would work if they download the free version and you're using the Deluxe. Perhaps some-one else could jump in on that.

JL
JLog - simple computer technology for genealogists
http://www3.telus.net/Jgen/jlog.html

Evert van Dijken wrote:
Here you find some instructions that might be useful:
http://www.legacyfamilytree.com/tipsShareLegacy.asp
Evert