Kirsten Bowman wrote:
Gene:

You're correct about the term, of course.  "Stepchild" was the word used in
the original documents but in today's terminology they would probably be
foster children.  (I don't think there was any actual adoption.)  Changing
the children's settings doesn't appear to have any effect on the Descendant
Book Report, though, and probably wouldn't be reflected in my GEDCOM posted
at RootsWeb--which is what I'm really after--except perhaps in Notes or
Events (which I don't post).

"Individual Report for Samuel DAYTON Page 1
Samuel DAYTON [3] Name: Sex: M
AKA:
Birth Date: Place: 21 Jan 1818 Coventry, Chenango, NY, USA
Chr. Date: Place:
Death Date: Place: 21 Jul 1898 Stearns County, MN, USA
Burial Date: Place: 23 Jul 1898 Saint Cloud, Stearns, MN, USA
Cause of Death:
AFN #:
Spouse: *Catherine GOAS [2] (11 Jul 1820 - 28 Aug 1902) [MRIN:1]
Marr. Date: Place: 1 Jul 1841 Venango County, PA, USA
Children: 1 Foster Child DAYTON [157] ( - ) (Father: Foster ) (Mother: Foster )
Marriage Notes (Catherine GOAS)
Lived in New York, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and Iowa according to Joyce Dayton Brandstetter, 328 17th Ave. No., Onalaska,
Wisconsin 54650 (11 May 2000).
They separated in 1870, Catherine took the younger children and went to live with
her son Clark."

The parent relationship check box is grayed out on the descendant book report so I guess that will never show. On an individual report though, it does show as in the sample above for the child of Samuel DAYTON. Perhaps the programmers can address this omission.

--
Gene Y.
n2kvs