I would be reluctant to set up any long-term or broadly based system where I'm linking to files on a website that could be taken down. I just wouldn't do it. I have all my Legacy sources, pictures, etc. linked to folders on my own computer so I have control over them. With several backups, of course.

IF Legacy linked to websites, there would probably also be a way to check the link validity as there is now with checking file paths on your own computer, but who knows since it's not an option at all right now.

JL
JLog - simple computer technology for genealogists
http://www3.telus.net/Jgen/jlog.html

Christina wrote:
I have a question about linking to websites. Wouldn't you be concerned about the link breaking because the website is taken down. If so, do you have to go back on your links and keep checking?

Is there a warning that comes up when you access a file that would indicate a link is broken?

Just a thought,
Christina

        Linking to pictures at online locations is something I'd never
        thought
        of.  Interesting.