Hi, Penny --

You don't mention where you download your census images from, so this might not work for you. I use HeritageQuest.

When you pull up the image, there's an option to download it. Select view and it will open in a PDF. When you go to save it, the National Archives series, roll and page are at the end of the link. I eliminate everything before that and save them according to the series number, etc. This makes it quick to save and I don't have to worry about typos when saving them. I had "lost" a few things I know are there just because I couldn't find them. It also makes them easy to find, since that information is in the cite.

I tried saving them by family, etc. (I use a variation of the MRIN system, too), but I found that cumbersome. Many of them related to more than one family and it also made them difficult to find. I use MRIN to save pretty much everything else, but I store census images differently.

HTH

Kris