-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of JLB
Sent: Thursday, April 03, 2008 11:01 PM
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Re tiff format

Quote: [.PDF - Created by Adobe as a container to put anything (pictures,
documents,
combinations of each and even whole books. I have downloaded huge .pdf files
that contain readable 400+ page books with pictures. With the free Adobe
Reader it can be read on many different types of computers (Mac, Microsoft.
Etc.). It cannot be changed by anything but the full Adobe Acrobat and only
when unlocked. Legacy does not currently recognize .pdf files. You can only
attach them as a sound file. Why you would want to do this I do not know.]

PDF's can be changed by any pdf editor.  I use Zeon's DocuCom Plus, way more
economical than Adobe Acrobat, and can do most of the same things when it
comes to editing.  They also have a version called PDF Gold which includes a
pdf print driver, but I don't need it because I have two that cost nothing.
PDF Creator and another one whose name slips my mind.

Since most of my Master Sources exist as pdf, I can link them into
"pictures" as sound files (Legacy IS going to fix this) and open them
directly from there.

JL
JLog - simple computer technology for genealogists
http://www3.telus.net/Jgen/jlog.html