I should clarify for anyone following this thread, that I believe your
reference (see below) to my citation being "convoluted" was referring to the
steps that I have to use with Legacy software to create it, not the citation
itself.

Hovering in the background of this sourcing discussion is the bigger issue
of publication, and whether one's sourcing will stand up to academic
scrutiny. I can't say that mine do yet, but I am working in that direction.

Legacy is very flexible, and I love it. It would be a mistake to construe my
interest in seeing the sourcing changes in V 7 as discontent with its
present state.

By the way, Elizabeth, I always enjoy your comments, and it is clear that
you are doing good, serious work.

(One other thing - I did make an error in the census source that I sent in
the former e-mail. When using the Master Source for census, I am not able to
include the "accessed date." This is only possible if I a) write the source
as a stand-alone, and only cite it for one particular census family or b) do
not include the website address in the Master Source, but enter it in the
Source Detail - which sort of defeats the purpose of having recurring
elements in the Master Source.)

Janis