-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Leon
Chapman
Sent: Wednesday, April 09, 2008 1:54 PM
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Kudos to Geoff!

Geoff presented an overview of Legacy 7 at our genealogy users group
this month at Sun City Grand and the sourcing templates looked
wonderful.  They have integrated sourcing using a Wizard for inputs.
As I understand, they have all the sourcing templates for everything
in E. Mills latest book, Evidence Explained.  It is also my
understanding that there were over a 100 problems in that book that
Geoff had uncovered and worked with E Mills to get clarification on.
This has also led to some of the delays with Legacy 7.

I think everyone will be greatly impressed with the new sourcing
capabilies in terms of both input and output formats.   You basically
enter the fundamental source data in templates and the Wizard writes
the output sourcing based on the examples in E. Mills book.  You don't
have to worry about the formating of the output -- it comes as part of
the system.  There are also ways you can go back and edit the source
if you so desire.  I think everyone will find this part of Legacy to
be well work whatever the cost of the new version will be.

Geoff also showed a nicely integrated mapping system as part of Legacy
7.  For locations in your database, one can zoom into the street level
to see a cemetery location.   There is also the capability to view the
maps in 3D and do similar things like is in Google Earth.  Cities are
shown with buildings in 3D.  You will need a high speed Internet
connection for best performance of this mapping system.

Of course, everyone now is aware of the new Legacy 7 Charting
capabilites -- it is available now as a Beta for testing until June
15th.  Be sure to try it, you will like it.

Leon Chapman