-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Kimberly
Ryan
Sent: Sunday, April 27, 2008 7:02 AM
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: [LegacyUG] Transcriptions/originals

Much of my initial data comes from transcriptions of church and civil
documents. Eventually, I will check against the originals. (I've done
some volunteer transcribing, so I know the value of seeing the
original hand-written document for verification.) How should I handle
the transcription sources/citations once I've check them against
original documents?

* Keep them along with the new sources. The transcriptions are readily
available to the public to check, whereas the originals require
considerable effort to access. And, perhaps it would be beneficial to
have a record of any differences. (Certainly, I will report any
difference back to the holders of the transcriptions.)

* Combine the transcription sources with the new original sources -
after correcting any differences from the originals. After all, the
transcriptions are just interpreted copies of the originals.

How would you handle this?

Thanks,

--
Kim Ryan