I have struggled with this also.  I don't want to print a report and have every census, etc. duplicated in the wifes and husbands reports.  So far what I'm doing is putting things such as residence and census that apply to both in the husband's events unless the line I'm actually researching is the wife's.  You know where the man married into your line and you're not going to be researching his line much.  If the children are near the age where they could be on their own but are still living at home then I make an event for them.  Otherwise I just use the census as a source for their birth, etc.

Marriage I use for marriage related items only.

Mary Beth Figgins

--- On Thu, 5/15/08, JLB <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
From: JLB <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] events - married or individual??
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Date: Thursday, May 15, 2008, 8:00 PM

It was an offhand remark.  However, people are still individuals and are
entered into Legacy as individuals. As some-one else already said, I
tend to put events that are strictly marriage related, such as the
marriage itself, into the marriage events and everything else
separately. My mother's description of my parent's honeymoon and first

home I also put under their marriage event. Things like census records
I put separately. It hasn't really been an issue for me yet, perhaps
because most of my information is from generations further back and most
of the women seemed to be invisible. "Family" information also
includes
children so where do you put that? Like mixed photos, it gets a little
confusing. And I doubt there's a single answer.
--
JL
JLog - simple computer technology for genealogists