Let's see -

Almost every genealogy society I have ever belonged to had at least one member who was the society's expert in a particular type of gen software - so there would be several thousand who should get the new version first....

don't forget the folks we have on this list who have helped out in at least some ways - that would be several hundred more ....

and then there are those who actually paid for the new version .....my conservative guess another several thousand....

those who have reunions coming up and need it to make sure the gens they hand out are the latest and greatest ...another few hundred .....

and those who have owned the product since it first came out - lets add another few thousand .....

and then there are those who are patiently waiting until its time and who are sure their time will come sooner than later....*smile*....add another few thousand.

Divide those few thusands by the available download bandwidth ....

and you tell me how you determine who gets it first.

Of course we could have gotten it sooner than later and be like those who have downloaded another well known product several times - have now downloaded the recently released third patch to it (or fourth patch depending on if you count the recalled patch)- and are finding out it STILL doesn't work.....last count I think there were 113 replies of that nature on the other product's very public blog ....and god knows how many more in their private emails....

Jackie (just sitting readying her database for version 7 which would be much easier if I wasn't deleting so many complaints about who gets what first)

Reg SHERLOCK wrote:
Hello everyone

I can see you all reaching to the del key know saying well here's that guy from Brisbane, with yet another gripe !,

Could someone tell me WHY we as a LEGACY users and some of us affiliate's, (why I'm not sure right now, the reason I joined affil program was that it was a way of possibly raising funds for my local Genealogy/Family history Group),

Anyway WHY is it I as a person who teaches others to use Legacy for their research etc.. can not acquire a copy of the latest version of Legacy ?.

Honest there must be others who give time freely and are left to say the least "with egg all over them" because they can not answer ANY questions about the new version, except to say "Don't worry I will have time to learn the ins and outs of the new program to be able to not only teach new user but assist older user, Ha as usual I look like having to push the proverbial uphill yet again.

One VERY DISAPPOINTED LEGACY FANATIC (maybe that's the problem, Millennia think we won't go elsewhere ?.

About now I am just HURT like a lot of other existing Legacy user at end of line [EMAIL PROTECTED]&^

Reg A SHERLOCK
Brisbane-Australia