If I have a faulty Gedcom which appears to contain the *same* person more than once (That is, birth, marriage, divorce, death, spouses, etc. are the same), what is Legacy supposed to do? Import them anyway as two (or more) SEPARATE people, and the user therefore has to go through the file and merge (or delete) the repeated people? Or, have any of you managed to use Legacy as a Gedcom 'cleaner' of sorts?

Doesn't matter -how- it happened, I just want to efficiently clean it up. <g>

I doubt if the Gedcom author can be located, since no one in the group knows it was. I suspect the author was probably working from photographs of headstones, and whenever a headstone was photographed more than one, so then that person got entered into a family file more than once, but I am not sure.

Thank you.

Robert