Just remember that if you ever share your information with others, the format least likely to lead to errors is when places are fully spelled out. Too many people confuse abreviations. Is AK Alaska or Arkansas, is CA California or Canada, is Georgia a state or a country? It is easy for someone to take your accurate computer data and transcribe it to introduce mistakes. It happened to me, where I spent years trying to track a family member in Missouri when he was actually from Massachusetts. On the handwritten sheet I was given the Ma looked like Mo.

Gary Templeman

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Dearth" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
Sent: Sunday, June 01, 2008 1:17 PM
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Help with Locations

I had a similar situation where I wanted to get rid of the "USA" and change my full state names to the two letter abbreviations instead, as most of my database was already that way.

The answer has already been addressed in previous messages on this group, as I found out. The solution worked great for me. It requires copying and changing a few things in a txt file. See the following message in this usergroup: Re: [LegacyUG] Geo Database, Clarence Mundt, Fri, 09 Feb 2007 02:49:50 -0800

Dave Dearth