Angela Gabbard wrote
One caution though.... if you sort everything by an individual's name you will inevitably run into the case where the source is referring to 2 or more people. Are you going to have the source twice under each person's name or somehow remember that one source is for multiple people.

This, I think, is one of the major arguments against including individual's names in Source Names - other, perhaps, than correspondence with a particular person. So many Source documents will be relevant to several people: Censuses usually encompass a whole family, a Birth Certificate relates to a child and his parent(s),. a Marriage Certificate relates to 2 people and their fathers (maybe more in non-English ones) and so on.

My Sources are filed strictly according to type, not according to the person(s) to whom they relate. Each has a reference no which is recorded on the Source Details tab and every Individual referred to in that Source is labelled (on the Source) with their UserID. This makes it very easy to refer backwards and forwards between my Source Documents and the people in my Family File.
--
Jenny M Benson