-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Kirsten
Bowman
Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2008 4:03 PM
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] Source titling question

To expand on Jenny's post just a little, Elizabeth Shown Mills (_EE_, p 67)
discusses the "quagmire" that can be created if there's no sound
organization to your Master Source List.  She recommends organizing sources
into groups, and since Legacy 7 is apparently giving the option to use her
methods, those recommendations might be of interest.  The groups are:

- author and title (for published or authored sources);
- collections (for manuscript sources);
- geographic locales;
- repositories;
- source types.

Like Jenny, I group most records by source type.  For books, however, I put
"bk" before the title in the short form of the name only and this forces
book titles to all sort together in the Master Source List without having
the "bk" designation show in the finished product.

Kirsten