I do not use Source Text. However, I just ran a report where I have no problems citing the same source with differing Source Detail pointing to different individuals. I continue to use the Basic Source method. I don't know if that makes a difference in this problem.

Elizabeth
researching the descendants of William and Sarah (Patterson) Thompson

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jenny M Benson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <LegacyUserGroup@LegacyFamilyTree.com>
Sent: Saturday, June 07, 2008 12:15 PM
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Sources - Master and Detail

Markie Flint Blackmon wrote
When I run a Family Group Report that includes source citations with the same Master Source but totally different details, the source citations at the end of the report are treated as if they are the same; i.e. the truncated "subsequent citation" format is used, and the details don't appear for any citations except the 1st occurrence of the Master.

Does anyone know, if this by design, or a bug?

I can confirm this.

When two Individuals use the same Master Source, but Source Details vary, Source Text and Source Details are only quoted in Reports for the first Individual. For the second instance of the Citation, relating the Master Source to the second Individual, no Source Text or Source Details are printed.
--
Jenny M Benson