Melanie,

The Film ID is the repository's method of describing/identifying the film,
such as "FHL microfilm" for the Family History Library. When the Film ID is
not automatically filled in for you by the SourceWriter, there will be some
sample text in the field giving you an idea of what to fill in there. The
FHL Film Number is the actual microfilm number as given by the FHL. The
details should go in the fields in Step 3 of the SourceWriter. In many of
the templates, the v., p., etc. are filled in for you. If those aren't
included, and you want to make the citation more understandable, by all
means, add to it.

One thing I like about Evidence Explained is that throughout, Elizabeth
Mills suggests that the citations can be flexible and adjusted depending
upon our needs. Also, just because there is a field, doesn't mean that you
MUST fill it in. They are guidelines to help you be consistent, but we
should be careful that the templates don't run us.

Thanks,

Geoff Rasmussen

Millennia Corporation

[EMAIL PROTECTED]