The good news is:
Once you've added the new version of your source, you can combine the
old source with the new one and Legacy keeps the new source.  The
bullet beside the source in the Master Source list lets you know which
sources have been written with the new Source Writer.  I've made the
change for several of my sources that had multiple citations with
different Source Details for each and all have been handled properly
by Legacy.  I'm sure I don't have as many sources as many of you, but
I'm finding it helpful to do this conversion manually, since it forces
me to look at each source and rethink my citations.

It also helps to generate some of your favorite reports and see how
the source citations are handled.  You can see what needs to be
"fixed."

Dede