GeoSci writes:
Your Email still comes through as an attachment rather than a TEXT email??

I am starting this email from scratch SO IT SHOULD come thru as a text email.

I really appreciate your interest and time!

Now to try to be clearer about the problem:>

I am on the family screen.
I click on an individual's event icon.
I get the Individual info screen.
I go down to the "Event/Fact" section
I click on "Add"
I get the "Add Event to John Doe" screen.
I enter the info. I click on the book icon to add the source because I don't want to use the source clipboard.

This is where I encounter -- SOMETIMES -- the Parent-Child problem.

I don't know what you mean by "this" in the sentence below.
Geo Sci wrote:
*** Within the Add dialog box?  I have never seen this and cannot
duplicate it?? ***

With both Legacy 6 and 7 when I am adding a new event and am ready to
add the source, I click on the book icon

and get the message
"Child-Parent relationship not found." I click on the OK button -- I
have to do  this several times or it keeps reappearing -- then finally
it disappears and Legacy automatically closes.  The info I have entered
has been saved however.  This does not always happen, but it has
happened with both 6 and 7, which I think is strange.

*** I do not think it is the double click - I am guilty of this action
myself! :-)  But Legacy really does not like a double-click on the
book icon for some reason - I was able to get the entire program to
shut down with the 405 error.***

It may be that I sometimes double-click without thinking, but that does
not  necessarily solve the problem.  Today in Leg 6 on a trial entry  I
double-clicked the book icon intentionally and  nothing happened, then I
immediately single-clicked and got  Run-time error 405 "Unable to show
modal form within this context."  Clicking OK immediately closed Legacy.

I think it's weird that I got the same "Parent-Child" error with Leg 6
AND 7!

Any ideas?

Pat

Database version: 5.10000e