I know this subject has been around the board about 20 times already but this may be new take on how confusing things can get. .... I first installed v.7 on my desktop. I think everything was fine. I never did try the Charting so I can't say if that part was. Then my desktop crashed so I installed v.7 on my laptop, did some work with it and backed up the entire directory to an external hard-drive. At that point my desktop decided to grace me with a restart so I copied the entire backup folder over the top of the installation directory on the desktop.

That's when I noticed the Legacy Charting folder in Windows Explorer, right smack in the middle of the Legacy 7 directory. It was not there previously. Now, having paid at least somewhat attention to the Legacy Charting threads I know I heard Ken say it's better to uninstall your first version of Legacy Charting after you install v.7. So I looked around for another folder called Legacy Charting and found it under Program Files\Legacy Charting. I opened it, clicked the uninstall button and it uninstalled. I deleted the bits that were left over, opened Legacy 7 and clicked on Charting. A message popped up - You do not have Legacy Charting installed and therefore cannot open it. Huh? Somehow I've gone from having possibly 2 versions of Charting on my desktop to having none. It also tells me to reinstall Legacy 7 to get the charting back. I did that (twice) and it still says I don't have Legacy Charting. Next question: how much do I care? Well, quite a bit.
Ken!!?

JL