From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, June 21, 2008 2:31 PM
To: Legacy
Subject: [LegacyUG] Source Detail vs Event Data

I've been trying to fathom the disc 5 instructions relative to using the
'Source/Write System'  and entering census records. I'm having a bit of trouble
understanding these instructions.

(1) When adding an event, the source is 'selected' and 'step 1'  (setting the
source clipboard) recommendation on the video is to 'transcribe all persons
shown on the census record' into the text box during the source build, then
'save'.  Next  is 'step 2' to 'add' the census event to the individual and
'transcribe the information'. After entering the 'event', 'date', and 'place'
it tells me to then  'transcribe all persons shown on the census record'!  This
appears to be redundant, and if these instructions are to be followed, should I
have 'copied' the data from the first entry, and 'pasted' it to this step?
Where am I going wrong in my thinking?  If I enter all persons from the census
in step one, why am, I re-entering it in step 2?

2) Another anomaly I seem to have encountered.  In trying to 'correct/change'
an old event by re-installing the census event data under the sourcewriter, I
see that the data is entered twice for all children in the Chronology view.  To
add to the confusion, in this view, there is a long underline preceding each of
the children entered in the older format. Is there a recommendation on how to
re-enter the data without the duplication showign up in the Chronology view?
Perhaps I should only use the sourcewriter for 'new' additions?  I really do
like the way the data is presented in book and other reports by using the
sourcewriter, but ....

Observations and guidance solicited for this 'noob'.

Bob