Jenny,

I might be missing something here (it's my day for it!) but it works OK for me
in the Detailed Search.

I used seatch for Master Source containing International Genealogical Index(R)
and second condition
Search for Source Citation containing 0093881

This produced the one file which has that combination. I would add that this
was on a Basic Source so I then tried using the new templates selecting Church
Records>LDS Genealogical Compilations>International Genealogical Index>Online
Database as the Master Source.

The next screen (Step 2) was pretty well filled in but on the next screen after
(Step 3) I put the above film number in the Text Comment box since I couldn't
see anywhere else for it. Using the above search ( but without the (R) in the
Master Source) again, the same record was found.

I have tried using this search before for BMDs found using Ancestry but without
success. I then realised that this was not due to Legacy because I searched for
a Master Source containing "Ancestry" and a Source Citation containing, say,
"Birth Index". Unfortunately since I have thousands of Master Source references
to Ancestry but with censuses, and probably thousands containing a Citation of
"Birth Index" but associated with Free BMD, I had just about every record in my
files returned! Correct when one thinks about it! Still trying to work out how
to do that one :-( .

New Blog: Free Contacts Database for use with Open Office
http://www.fergys.co.uk
View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
For The Fergusons of N.W. England See:

> Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 18:19:45 +0100
> To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyFamilyTree.com
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: [LegacyUG] Search failure
>

> The extended Search capabilities in version 7 are great, but there seems
> to be something missing - unless its an unintentional bug.
>
> I wanted to search Source Details for Individuals who had an IGI Source
> which included a particular Batch No. The only one that was found was a
> person with an old style source. The people with SourceWriter sources
> which included that Batch No were not found. By way of a test, I then
> searched for a Film No and that wasn't found in SourceWriter sources
> either. Names and places seem to be found ok.
>
> I had the same failure when using Search and Replace. In both instances
> (Search and Search and Replace) I was looking "anywhere in field" in
> "Citation-details."
> --
> Jenny M Benson

All new Live Search at Live.com