Art Seddon wrote
How do genealogists handle the English counties where the county lines have been redrawn and towns have been moved from one county to another, so that you have a record (census, birth, etc.) showing one county name and VE don't find it because it is now in another?

I guess one way would be to use the name on the record, locate the town and move the pin regardless of present day county lines?

That's exactly how I do it! After all, (a) it is correct to record data exactly as one finds it and correct to use addresses and specify locations as they were at the time of the event and (b) the actual position of the place does not move (1), it's only arbitrary lines drawn by people which do.

(1) Excepting, of course, some rare occasions such as where a village spread in one direction and part of the original site was abandoned as happened, I believe, at the time of the Black Death. (Which is why, AIUI, some villages' churches are a little apart from the village, not right in its heart.)

PS Please note that LUG guidelines (see below and oft repeated) ask for posts to be in plain text only, not HTML.
--
Jenny M Benson