>From the amount of chatter on this subject, there must be a bunch of us who
use ________, [--?--],???? or some other form of notation to indicate
"Unknown" names.  If we all would submit a "suggest a new feature" to
support, indicating that we would like to be able to turn off the
standardization warnings individually, maybe they would hear us and fix it
to our liking.

I just submitted one.  The rest is up to you.  I use [--?--] and intend to
continue using that form. It's a personal choice and it seems to be a
standard form in genealogy.

Reasoning:  If Aunt So-and-so married James, and I leave it blank, how do I
know if it is James SOMEBODY or Somebody JAMES?  Many of our names could be
used as a first name or a surname, and we need some way of indicating which
it is.

I know it messes up the report that inserts underlines for missing data,
however it definitely looks better in regular descendant or ancestor reports
to have some way of indicating which name is missing and I use those reports
many times over more frequently than the insert underlines for missing data
report.

Just my thoughts on this subject.

La Nell