Hi Art, I had a similar problem a while back, if you have changed the name of a
picture you will get this message, also if you change the location of the
photo. Everyone probably uses their own method of naming their pictures, mine
may not be the correct method but it works fine for me. Here is an example of
what I mean, I have a photo of Mary Jane Smith, I scan it into my program and
then I call it Mary Jane Smith, a second photo of the same person at a later
date I'll call it Mary Jane Smith (1) etc. Sometimes I have discover that I had
the name listed incorrectly and I rename the photo, so instead of it being Mary
Jane Smith, it is now called Jane Mary Smith. Now, when I do a backup at the
end of the day I will get the same message as you are getting. I can reopen my
Legacy program, locate the person that I have changed, look up the new named
photo and set the new path and everything works fine. Providing I have only
used this photo once or twice as in an event or the main photo for this person,
and I have located both photo's and corrected both paths.
Where I ran into a real problem, and it took me forever to figure it out, was
that I had used the same photo and attached it to a source detail, like the
photo you may get on a death notice. You attach the photo to the source, then
you attach the source to everything that is connected to the person in the
death notice, birth, death burial, parents, spouce, children etc. As an example
I just did this exact same thing a couple days ago, I got the same message as
you did and I ended up with I think it was 76 errors. I had only changed one
photo, it was attached to the source for a death notice.
Here is what I would suggest you should do, first back up your file and your
multimedia files first.
Do a file maintence check/repair.
Go to Options>customize>Locations>test all multimedia paths, if you get a list,
print it out.
If you can't locate the photos from this list you can try the following.
Go to Options>customize>Locations>View Current list of Multimedia
locations>highlight one of the location paths>Options>Delete>view
list>Print>close>close>close then check the photos in this list.
Remember the missing photo may not be the main photo for the person, you may
have it also attached in the + section at the end of the birth, baptismal,
death or funeral address sections, or have it attached to a marriage, an event,
or as I said before it may be attached to a main source or to the source
detail.
I hope I haven't confused you even more then you were before, I hope something
I have said will help.
Leo