I have lots of gravestone photos, and this is how I do it. I make the name of the cemetery the Master Source, and then I put the gravestone photo as the Source Detail picture. Your second question I'm not clear on.
JL
JLog - simple computer technology for genealogists
http://www3.telus.net/Jgen/jlog.html

Gorski Ian wrote:
 Hi All,
Hope this is relevant to the group and I'm not going in circles..

Does anyone add sources to photographs of events vs. the event itself?
Should we?

For example
If I locate a burial in a cemetery naturally I source the index where it
was documented
If I actually visit the grave I take a photo and then add the photo to
the cemetery event and source as personal knowledge because I have
confirmed as best I can that the person in question is there. All good so far??

Ok now....
My father emigrated from Europe after WWI to Australia.  From his papers
I traced his movements to an Immigration camp in Greta, New South Wales,
Australia.  I added an Immigration event and the source as the
documents....
Now...  I have visited the site and photographed the ruins (concrete
slabs).  I was also able to get a book on the camp which contains photos
and maps.
I was going to add the photos, both current and historical to the
immigration event and add the relevant sources - myself and the book.
But, having second thoughts, my visit and the book cannot confirm my
father as ever being there and are just sources to the photos.
Anyone have any thoughts so the links to the photos can be kept or am I
reading too much into it all?

Thanks
Ian
Ian Gorski
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
The information in this email together with any attachments is
and/or publication of this email message is prohibited, unless
as a necessary part of Departmental business.
computer system network.