Tim,

This may sound a lot like advertising. But I treat it as making Legacy Users aware of this tool. I know I do not make a dime making this knowledge available. In fact, I end up spending a lot of time helping people with it.

Yes, you do use a Gedcom file for importing the data. At some point you need to identify what is going to be the master copy of your database. and a lot of people feel that Legacy is likely the best tool to be a master.

I have databases from a few hundred people to almost 100K people in Legacy that I have successfully uploaded to TNG.

What TNG has done in Version 7 (after a lot of prodding by me and others...) is to get TNG to import some of the proprietary Legacy Gedcom tags so that the Lat/Long data is imported, among other Legacy specific data.

If you or anyone wishes to learn more, we can chat off-list.

john.