Pat and Rita Molloy wrote:

SNIP

I have used these settings. Windows Mail>Tools>Options>Send
Mail Sending Format gives a choice of either HTML or Plain Text; I have checked HTML. News Sending format again gives the choice of HTML or Plain Text, this time I have checked Plain Text. I have also checked the box which says Reply to email messages in the format they were sent. Have I got it right?

Sorry, you've set it to do the complete opposite of what the list requires :-)

Basically, you always want to send to the list in Plain Text, so the first two above should be chosen accordingly. As for replies: your selection would work for an original message that was sent as Plain Text, but not for one that was sent as HTML.

Looking quickly through Windows Mail, I don't see that there's the ability to assign these options to an individual mail address, such as the LUG. Consequently, your selections apply to ALL mail to ALL mail addresses. The only variation that I can find with this is under the Format menu when writing or replying to a message. Here, you can select whether the one message is sent as HTML or Plain Text. It defaults to whatever you have selected as above.

--
Regards,
Mike Fry