From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Gail Nestor
Sent: Saturday, 19 July 2008 4:58 AM
To: Legacy User Group
Subject: [LegacyUG] Source Translation between Legacy v7 & TNG

I have a few questions for those of you using TNG v7 (The Next
Generation of Genealogy Sitebuilding) to create your website and using
Legacy v7 for your database.

1) Have you converted any/all of your sources using Legacy's new sourcewriter?
2) Have you imported a gedcom file to your website?
3) Did your sources appear on your website as you wished them to?

An example of one of my census sources shows on my website as follows
(see http://www.roots2buds.net/getperson.php?personID=I6256&tree=nestor):

Census: Alabama, Marshall - 1850 U.S. Census [Ancestry.com images],
Alabama, Marshall County, (http://www.ancestry.com: National Archives
and Records Administration, 2005), M432, roll 10, District 23, p. 272,
dwelling 123, family 124, David Rich household, accessed 16 Feb 2007,
1 Jul 2008.

This is how it appears on the screen in Legacy (and the way I would
like it to appear):
1850 U.S. census, Marshall County, Alabama, population schedule,
District 23, p. 272, dwelling 123, family 124, David Rich household;
digital image, Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com : accessed 16 Feb
2007); citing National Archives and Records Administration microfilm
M432, roll 10.

It seems that TNG is using the "Master Source List Name" (Census:
Alabama, Marshall - 1850 U.S. Census [Ancestry.com images]) of the
source in place of the master source template information from Legacy
(1850 U.S. census, Marshall County, Alabama, population schedule).

Is this due to the way I am generating my gedcom?  I created the
gedcom in Legacy v7 using the following options:
Export To: GEDCOM File
Produce File For: Legacy
Keep embedded formatting codes within text: checked
Convert formatting codes to HTML style: checked

I would very much appreciate help with this issue!

Gail Rich Nestor
Smyrna, Georgia
www.roots2buds.net