Cathy, try this for a death at home:
Create a new event using the Residence template. Under Description, put the
street address. Put the city, county and state under Place, as you would any
other location. Use the date of death as the Date, and use the death
certificate as the Source. That way, the Residence address will be shown in
the chronology or events list as 123 Easy Street/Hometown, Mycounty, Mystate
and it will be listed adjacent to the Death event of the same date.

You might also use the Death Notes to state that this person died at home,
including the street address there also if you wish.

I hope this will work for you. I am a new Legacy user and I ran into the
same problem today. That's how I solved it.