Resending this - I don't see it in the archives, and don't recall seeing any
responses. If I overlooked responses, I apologize.
Is anyone having problems with the problem report? I go into:
Tools, Potential Problems
I click RESET ALL
I click on the LDS tab and click CLEAR ALL
I then click CREATE PROBLEM LIST
Buttons grey out (except for cancel), status bar moves along to 100%,
buttons come back, but I can't view the report.
Sometimes I just get an hourglass when I mouse over that dialogue box (after
the 100%), other times I can click, but then it turns into an hourglass no
matter what I click
I can shut down Legacy by clicking the X in top-right corner of the problem
report, but that's the only "button" that responds on that screen. (And
that brings up the "This program is not responding, END NOW" dialogue box.)
Tried File Maint, Check/Repair
Tried shutting down Legacy and restarting
Tried rebooting
Tried using the Sample file that came w Legacy
Tried only having WARNING items checked, and all other items on other tabs
unchecked
Tried only having PROBLEM items checked, and all other items on other tabs
unchecked
I've tried just letting Legacy sit for many minutes after the 100% (over 15
minutes) - no change
I've tried ALT-TAB and ALT-ESC to look for hidden dialogue boxes (didn't
find any)
I have always left the RECORDS tab at default (first item selected)
I normally left it at SCREEN/PRINTER, but I also just tried TEXT FILE - same
problem
I'm using Windows XP, with SP2
I'm running Legacy version 7.0.0.55, build date 13 Jul 2008, Deluxe version
Interesting - I just tried clicking on PREVIEW first, scroll bar goes
across, and it showed me a report w today's date. And I can also print if I
click on PRINT first. But if I do the CREATE PROBLEMS LIST or VIEW
EXISTING PROBLEMS LIST, it freezes (no error msgs)
I thought I remembered something being discussed on the Problem Report
recently, but I've looked through the archives and haven't found anything.
Thanks,
Bob
Legacy User Group guidelines:
http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Etiquette.asp
Archived messages:
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
Online technical support: http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Help.asp
To unsubscribe: http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/LegacyLists.asp