Thank you Brian.  That works for me.

(May I suggest that it be integrated with the Tree Finder since it is not intuitive to find)?

Jeff

Brian/Support wrote:
Jeff,

Others have commented on how the tree finder works but there is a way
to find both ends of a tree starting with any given person. Go to
Search > Find > Miscellaneous tab. Under the individual section you
will see searches for the oldest direct line generation, youngest
direct line generation, direct line ancestors without parents and
direct line descendants without children.

Brian
Customer Support
Millennia Corporation
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com

We are changing the world of genealogy!
When replying to this message, please include all previous
correspondence. Thanks.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Legacy 7 has a tool called "Tree Finder" (accessed from the View
menu) that I think is designed to show the individual at the top of
the various family trees.  But it apparently does so by looking for
the individual with the smallest RIN in a tree.

There is a flaw in that logic:  on one of the trees it found for me
it listed an individual with an RIN of [1].  Problem is that I have
since added
2 earlier generations to him (his father and grandfather) so
properly it is his grandfather (RIN 1227) that should be at the head
of that tree instead of individual RIN [1].

Am I doing something wrong?  Is there another way to find the
earliest individual in a tree?

Jeff