Thanks.  That's what I want to do and your reasoning agrees with mine.

Thanks.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Laurel Feal" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <legacyusergroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
Sent: Monday, July 28, 2008 1:43 PM
Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] Use of the marriage information

I like "everything" to print so I use Events a lot. When I first started with Legacy, I entered everything under each Individual - so for example a Residence, I would enter it under the Husband and then again under the Wife. This was great for Individual Reports, however, it didn't take too long to realize it was a lot of repetitious information when running other reports as the same information would be repeated.

So now I enter "Individually" anything to do with a person that I consider relating to that person "only" such as his occupation, birth, etc... and anything to do with the Marriage such as Residences (while married), family trips, etc.. under Marriage Events. This way no matter what the report, it shows a full history of a person or family without the same information printing out twice.