Depends on what the file will be doing. JPG files are "lossy" files, so they
lose some detail every time they're opened and then saved. Their benefit is
small file sizes (hence why they're almost the standard in digital cameras).
TIFF are "lossless" files, which retain their total information even after
multiple openings. With a scanned printed page I would think the lossy
factor wouldn't be of great concern, and if you use TIFF a save a lot of
files in this format, your overall data files will grow appreciably.

Of course, anyone getting a JPG file from you can open it and then save it
in TIFF format if they're concerned about data loss.

HTH

On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 3:45 PM, Cathy Vallevieni <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Has anyone found that using .jpg or .tiff or another format is best for
> attaching a scanned 1-page written document to a Source?  I know these will
> open in any photo program so most people will be able to view them just like
> they can a photo.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Cathy Vallevieni
> Orange County, CA