Actually, Paul, if one sets the Location List to read from right to left then
it's quite easy to manage the locations when the full address is included in
the location field.

Over the past month or so, even excluding mapping, we have seen many instances
of users having different problems, many relating directly or indirectly to
searching, because they rigidly stick to the 4 field format.

Just my view!

Update your British Prime Ministers Timeline - Blogs
http://www.fergys.co.uk
View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
For The Fergusons of N.W. England See:

> Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 08:30:48 -0700
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Understanding USA 4 Field Locations and Geocoding at
> the address Level
> To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
>
> John;
>
>     I use the 4 position address in the MASTER source list to identify the
> city etc... then in the individual DETAILS portion for that person, I place
> the remaining address information.  Organizing the master source in this
> manner allows me to find all the relatives that live in a city.
>     I then add an ADDRESS EVENT under the particular person to show the exact
> location of where that person lives which would include the street number,
> name and city location.   With a data base coming up to 20 thousand people, I
> think using the MASTER source list for an address book would be way too
> cumbersome to keep track of my relatives.
> Example of the EVENT output:
> Residence, 176 Aberfoyle Avenue, 1950-1975 - Hamilton, Wentworth, Ontario,
> Canada
>     That is one example of how I use Legacy to my advantage.  To each his own
> though...
>
> Thank you,
> Paul Croteau

Get Hotmail on your mobile from Vodafone
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/107571435/direct/01/