Northern Hills Software

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of hwedhlor
Sent: Saturday, August 16, 2008 6:51 PM
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Portable genealogy

I have used GEDStar Pro for several years, running it on a Sony Clié NX60.
I have been very satisfied with the program, and with the Sony Clié, which
operates with the Palm O/S.  Recently I bought an Apple iPod Touch 32GB
device, which I like very much.  I was disappointed to find that the only
genealogy software available for the iPod Touch/iPhone devices is totally
inadequate to the needs of any serious genealogist.  I wrote to the author
of GEDStar Pro, asking whether he had any intention of porting his program
to the iPod devices.  His answer was that he is close to retirement, and
does not intend to undertake such a challenging process at this late date.
Hopefully the authors of The Pocket Genealogist, or some other enterprising
software manufacturer, will see the opportunity and write a program for the
iPod group of hardware that interfaces with Legacy.

John Zimmerman
Mesa, Arizona