Kevin,

I will be happy to pass along anything I learn about available applications for the iPhone.  I started out with Palm devices so long ago that I've stuck with GEDStar Pro, and done beta work for them.  The iTouch was purchased for another purpose.  The Clié is getting a bit long in the tooth, and I have been moving much of what I carry to the iTouch as an alternative, and am doing beta testing for Astraware, having done that for their Palm-based software for some time now.  If the Clié gives out I'll be able to justify a Windows Mobile device, and then I will be a happy customer of yours.

Incidentally, the only genealogy application that I know of for the iPone/iPod Touch platform is MobileFmilyTree, which sells via the Apple iTunes App Store.  The program is offered by Synium Software GmbH in both English and German, but requires that you also have a licensed version of their Mac program, MacFamilyTree, which means you must be running a MacIntosh PC.

John

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

John,

For your sake I hope someone will… however, genealogy software for handheld devices is pretty specialized and not something that is going to make some developer a lot of quick cash.   I initially wrote Pocket Genealogist for my own use and then realized that it would be something others could use.  (Not fully realizing how much time it would take to operate a software company)   Your best bet is that some genealogist/developer would do the same for the iPhone.

 I try and keep track of what software is available for each of the platforms and we keep a list on our website as a courtesy for people who don’t have a Windows Mobile device.  If you do hear of anything else please let us know so we can update the information.

http://www.northernhillssoftware.com/EN/Marketing/competition.htm

We actually get a fair number of emails asking about  Blackberry devices, for example, but as far as we know there is nothing available.

Kevin